Polls are open 07:00 am-8:00 pm
Plan ahead! When will YOU vote?
>If you plan to vote in person on August 11,
confirm your polling location at www.MyVote.wi.gov
To vote, bring acceptable photo ID,
see https://bringit.wi.gov/ for details.
>Your unexpired Wisconsin driver license is the easiest ID to use. It does NOT need your current address to be suitable ID for voting.
>You CAN register to vote at the polls on Tuesday.
To register, be sure to bring acceptable proof of residence (see www.MyVote.wi.gov for details).
Examples: a current Wisconsin driver license or ID card (with your current address), current utility bill, pay stub, current residential lease, property tax bill, etc.
See more options at https://elections.wi.gov/sites/default/files/publication/137/proof_of_residence_guide_pdf_13964.pdf
Read on for more info and links for other counties.
Still need to return your absentee ballot?
In Madison, if you still need to return your absentee ballot (as of Monday, August 10), bring it to the Madison City Clerk’s Office, 210 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd., by 4:30 p.m. A poll worker will be present to accept your absentee ballot and to serve as your witness, if needed.
Other municipalities may also accept your absentee ballot on Monday, August 10. Contact your municipal clerk for info.
You can also bring your absentee ballot to the polls on Tuesday, August 11.
www.MyVote.wi.gov is your one stop resource:
- See what will be on your ballot
- Find out who your elected officials are
- Locate your polling place
- Track the status of your absentee ballot request
- and much more
What is on the ballot?
- In addition to any municipal elections and referendums, there are four open Assembly seats in Dane County alone. This Cap Times story also includes info about online debates.
- There is also a Congressional race (Mark Pocan is up for re-election).
- As well as district attorney and many other races.
- Read the Candidates’ Answers, www.lwvdanecounty.org/candidates-answers-fall-primary-2020
- Candidate endorsements from South Central Federation of Labor (SCFL), www.scfl.org
Voting by County
Dane County, https://elections.countyofdane.com/
Green Lake County, www.co.green-lake.wi.us/departments/county-clerk/
Iowa County, www.iowacounty.org/departments/CountyClerk/elections
Marquette County, www.co.marquette.wi.us/government/election-information
Sauk County, www.co.sauk.wi.us/countyclerk/elections
Also, after you view your ballot at www.myvote.wi.gov, you can learn more by reading news stories, and visiting candidates’ web sites (including names of people who endorse each candidate).
Voter ID questions? https://bringit.wi.gov/
Proof of Residence questions? www.lwvdanecounty.org/voter-service-resources