Please contact the Apprenticeship and Training office at 608.221.3321 to register for any of the below
Classes are available only to members in good standing, and members pay no fees for classes offered at IBEW Local 159 Training Center.
For more course details, including a brief course description, please see below.
All courses are taught at the Local 159 Training Center unless otherwise noted.
- Registration Information
- For online CEU courses, check out ECSTI. (These classes are not free.)
- For more educational opportunities, check out the School for Workers.
Class Registration Information
- Registration deadline is 2 weeks prior to the class start. This allows ample time to order and receive textbooks and workbooks prior to the start of class.
a. Pre-registration for all course offerings is required.
b. Please note that all courses have a minimum enrollment number for the course to commence. As a result, all course schedules are subject to change and/or cancellation.
- The Madison Area Electrical Joint Apprenticeship and Training Trust Committee will provide Continuing Education courses at IBEW Local 159’s Training Center with no tuition cost for members in all classifications.
- The training trust fund will provide the necessary textbooks for use in the courses. The textbooks are to be returned at the completion of the course. The textbooks are available for purchase upon request. Attendees that fail to return or provide payment for the textbooks will be prohibited from registering for future classes until the matter is resolved
- “UPON DEMAND” classes will maintain an active waiting list of members that are interested in taking the course. When enough names are on the waiting list, a firm start date will be set and the Class Schedule will be updated. Please contact the Apprenticeship and Training Office to have your name placed on the waiting list for a specific course.
Madison Area Electrical Joint Apprenticeship and Training Trust (JATT) Education Sub–Committee is actively seeking individuals who are willing to become involved in strengthening the educational team. If you have an interest in teaching or assisting with a course, please feel free to contact any Education Sub–Committee member or the Apprenticeship and Training Office. There are many opportunities available and training is provided.
The Madison Area Electrical Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee (JATC), IBEW Local 159, and Madison Area Electrical Joint Apprenticeship and Training Trust (JATT) Education Sub–Committee are requesting feedback in regards to course offerings.
Please contact the Apprenticeship and Training Office with any suggestions of future course offerings
or comments about any courses that you have attended.